In Home Educators
Our educators are currently at capacity, if you would like to go on our waiting list please get in touch.
Our educators provide childcare in their own home with a maximum ratio of 1:4 allowing for strong connections in a small group setting. Thrive to Five’s Educators are passionate about providing your little ones with quality care and education.
We offer a range of hours and days in the Greater Wellington Region to suit most needs (subject to availability).
Benefits of hiring a Thrive to Five Educator:
- Your child will be part of a small group where key relationships and secure attachments are formed in a nurturing and engaging environment
- All Educators hold a current first aid certificate and have been police checked and screened under the Children’s Act 2014
- An art and craft fund is supplied for purchasing supplies to complement children’s interests
- We provide a professional development fund for your educator to upskill and stay current on industry practice
- Educators receive an annual flu vaccination to keep them and your child safe
- Individual Educa ePortfolios allow immediate and direct access to your child’s documented learning journey
- Your child will enjoy access to regular playgroups with other Thrive to Five children and caregivers
- Receive updates and monthly newsletters
- Enjoy a personalised experience by being part of a professional, locally owned and operated service
- All of our Educators receive ongoing support and mentoring provided by a qualified and experienced early childhood teacher
Our Education Programme
Our education programme is underpinned by the strands and principles of the NZ Early Childhood Curriculum (Te Whāriki). The purpose is to ensure nannies/educators provide a quality, individualised, play based programme supporting each child’s interests and learning experiences. The children will experience rich and empowering learning environments and will develop a ‘can do attitude’ and a love of learning. They will enjoy an environment that fosters and nurtures their development, skills, knowledge and ideas.
- Individual learning pathways specific to each child’s interests incorporating the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whāriki
- Individual child ePortfolios through Educa allow immediate and direct access to your child’s documented learning journey.
- Each child has a designated registered ECE teacher who will visit them on a monthly basis to discuss and monitor their progress and interests as well as mentor their nanny/educator. Our visiting teachers take great pride in the relationships that they build with their nannies/educators, families and children.
- Ongoing professional development for nannies/educators.
Interested in our In Home Educators?
We know you’ll love them! Simply fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with more information.